Thursday, March 16, 2017

Week 6 Post 1: Reflection on First Section of Class


Now that we have finished the first of three subsections of this course, I would like to reflect on what I have learned as well as my experience in the class thus far. The first section of the class was titled “One” because it focused on the individual and its behavior in the workplace. The topics that my classmates and I taught each other about were Motivation, Emotional Intelligence, Professional Identity, Character, Change and how to deal with change, and Personality. I’ve learned a lot of things about motivation and many useful techniques to use to motivate me when I might be feeling unenthusiastic or lazy. I also learned how important it is to have a good sense of emotional intelligence in the workplace, especially in a healthcare setting, in order to better connect with your employees and colleagues. I’ve learned the difference between an individual’s identity, personality, and character. As well as how important it is to have good character as a professional in the healthcare field. One of the most important things I have learned so far is how to deal with change. I believe this is so important due to the fact that once I get out into the workforce I am going to have to deal with change on a daily basis because the healthcare field is very unpredictable.

           
I have had a great experience in this class so far, even though at the beginning I was a little hesitant and wasn’t too sure how it was going to work out. I believe that my fellow classmates and I have done a great job of taking on the responsibility of running the class and making sure everything is coordinated. So far all of the presentations have been great and have allowed me to learn many new things that I will certainly use in the future. I am looking forward to the next section of the class as well as getting to read the final version of the primer at the end of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment